Hey there! We are headed to North Georgia for an overnight backpacking trip and I wanted to share what a typical day of eating looks like on the trail. We use a Jet Boil Flash Personal cooking system and the GSI Outdoors Bugaboo Backpacker Cookware Set. This food is from either Sam’s Club or Kroger. I will (sheepishly) admit that my husband does all of the grocery shopping and cooking. He finds a way to buy healthy food, without breaking the bank and I am eternally grateful.
This post is set up in the order we eat once we set up camp for 1 overnight trip: lunch, snacks, dinner, breakfast. I would love to hear what your favorite backcountry meals are…please share in the comments!
Starkist Tuna Creation packets and Dave’s Killer Bread. We got real creative with this one, folks.
I am the definition of “Hangry.” I have a high metabolism and eat every 2-3 hours. The people in my life know, all too well, what happens if I don’t snack and it is REAL UGLY. What that being said, we always have a cornucopia of deliciousness available.
1)Orchard blend crunch dried fruit
2) Organic Apples
3) Organic Peanuts
4) Annie’s Organic Cheddar Squares (my kryptonite)
5) Organic Fig Bars
6) Lara Bars
I realized the whole “organic” thing has been discussed ad nauseam. It feels a little slimy and very millennial of me to strive to eat non-GMO/organic whenever possible, but…it works for us. It works for our bodies and feels right. So, we go for it.
1) Organic chicken breast, cubed
2) 2 servings of Ramen Noodles (use 1/2 the seasoning packet)
3) 1 can green beans
4) organic, free range chicken eggs, scrambled
Cook all items separately and combine to enjoy a high energy dinner after a long day of adventure!
1)Starbucks Via Instant Coffee. This is the first time we have tried these, but I watched a Youtube video about various coffees people drank on the Appalachian Trail…and this was the winner.
2) My normal night time routine consists of Yogi Honey Lavender Stress Relief tea and I love a cup by the camp fire
3) Beer (not pictured, because I’m keeping it classy)…’merica!
4) Water…I will write a future blog post on how we filter and what system we use
1)Organic Turkey Bacon
2) Organic, free range chicken eggs, scrambled
Love and Light to you and enjoy a fun-filled weekend!